I haven’t hit you all with a recipe in quite a while so in preparation for Christmas celebrations, here’s a super tasty punch recipe that’s my go-to for pretty much all occasions. It’s an easy-to-make strawberry and lime Moscato punch cocktail with floating fruits and all…cheers!
Ok, first you’re going to need to pick up some ingredients. The ingredient list below will suit a medium sized punch bowl or dispenser and you’ll get an extra refill out of it (hence the recipe calling for only half the ingredients you’ve stocked up on).
You’ll need the following…
- 1 bottle of pink or white Moscato (still or sparkling)
- Note: You can use a different wine variety like Prosecco or Champers if you prefer to dial down the sweetness a little.
- 1 bottle of lemonade
- Note: Mineral water or soda water will also work.
- 1 cup of grenadine, raspberry cordial or some form of concentrated “red” flavoured liquid
- Note: This is optional, if you don’t have a raging sweet tooth. You can also substitute the “red” flavour for a different flavour depending on the fruit you use.
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1 lime
- Note: Fruits can be easily substituted. Maybe you like the sound of blueberry and lemon instead, I’m not one to judge. Actually, blueberry and lemon sounds delicious. Note to self: try that next time.
- A shitload of ice
Now, all you need to do is…
- Chop the fruits into cute little circles.
- Pour a bunch of ice into the punch receptacle.
- Add your chopped fruit to the punch receptacle.
- Add half your grenadine to the punch receptacle.
- Pour half a bottle of Moscato and half a bottle of lemonade into your punch receptacle.
- Note: It is highly recommended that you add the ingredients in this order. I found out the hard way that ice + fruit = big splash, if added last.
- Stir it up.
- Enjoy your sweet, sweet concoction.
You can make it non-alcoholic for the kids too. Just take out the wine. Obvs.
Header image credit 📸 http://www.eatwell101.com